RV Newbie: Setup Checklist
When we’re between seasons, it’s the perfect time to focus on creating highly requested videos. Now that we have over 100,000 miles of RVing experience, it was time to update our RV Setup checklist. This video covers the RV basics of setting up in an RV site, but it’s not designed to cover every detail. Rather, we wanted to draw attention to the required steps that must be done in order to set up safely.
What I learned from the comments ????
We create these videos to be helpful and teach but as always, we learn so much from the community. Below are some recommendations that should have been mentioned. We’ll add more as we learn more!
- Check to make sure the electrical and water are working before disconnecting. That will save you from having to reconnect and move sites (good tip!)
- The chocks are the last things to take off and the first things to put on, so keep them at the door to make it harder to forget.
- After connecting the surge protector to the panel to ensure the proper lights, turn the panel off and connect the power cord to your RV. Then turn the panel back on.
- Putting the filter on the RV side may filter any bacteria in the hose from sitting in the sun.
- I used to have a 90 degree elbow to connect the water and put less strain on the RV connection, but I haven’t replaced it yet. It’s a good thing to have.
**This checklist is designed for a travel trailer and may not be complete for your rig. Your RV may have other steps necessary to ensure the safety of you and your equipment.
Click the checklist to download!
RV Newbie Essential Gear List
If you’re an RV Newbie, the amount of gear needed to get started can feel overwhelming. We’ve added all the essential gear to help you get started and a few non-essential items that will help make RV Life a little easier.
It’s best to first get everything you need for water, electrical and sewer hook-ups (those are truly the essentials) and then take a look at some of the items such as chairs and wagons that are “nice to have”.
Visit the KYD Amazon page and then look for our Essential Gear Catagory.
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.